Friday, July 25, 2008

It's coming....It's coming....




To be honest I have EVERY single one of Ali Edwards' books....Her books have literally changed my life....SERIOUSLY!!!
The way I see "everyday" moments and being present in those moments.....
In reading her books I have come to understand that it is OK for my art to be imperfect and that is the beauty of it....

Sometimes when I say to myself "Oh, man" I can't believe I just did that, I create an alternative to the piece
I'm working on that I never expected AND it's better than what I had originally intended....
Over the years, while devouring her books, I have learned to tell MY story, the story that matters most to my
family....I journal more now on my layouts/projects than I ever did before....
Seeing our life as a family in a completely different way....

Ali's next book will be no exception....
I'm still in complete SHOCK that I have a mini album in Ali's book....
To be in one of her idea books is/was a total dream for me....This book is FULL of some of the most amazing
designers that I have admired for years....It is truly an honor....

I believe Ali's book starts shipping on August 1st....
You can follow the link on the right under find me in print to pre.order your copy today
So, please grab a copy I promise you will NOT want to miss this one either....

I hope to post again tomorrow until then I hope you all have a WONDERFUL weekend!!!
Thanks for stopping by and big hugs to you all!!!!
Dedra

8 comments:

Eileen said...

Yay! I can't believe it's almost August! Having pre-ordered, I hope I'm at the top of their mailing list! Can't wait to see your "stuff"!!!

{{hugs}}!!

KJ-Starre said...

You are in it...now ways. That is SUPER cool & a huge achievement but then again you are the queen of mini albums. I am terrible at them...do you have any tips for me or a paint-by-numbers tutorial or ten hahahaha! no please I am hopeless at them any help would be much appreciated :o)

Hope you are having a great weekend?
~Kim!

Tuck&JC said...

Thanx for all the "Late nite with Dedra" help last night I could have talked with you for hours and couldn't sleep just thinking about everything we did talk about. I see big things for you in this industry and this Ali book is just the beginning! I'll be hopping myself right over to pre-order after this! Have a great rest of the weekend -----I'm going junk shopping for trinkets to put on my album!!!!! I am part of the weird looks club too!!!!LOL
you go girl!!!
Dedra rocks!

Big Smiles Amy

ricanlaw said...

You know I pre-ordered mine. Like you I have all her books. I love her work. Excited for you and can't wait to see your contribution.

Jennifer said...

Congats Dedre! That IS VERY EXCITING! Can't wait to see what beautiful project you have in the book. I would bet that it it is sparkly and fun...

All moments remembered said...

I got to hold and drool over this at CHA!!! It is a wonderful book!!! Ali is just simply amazing in person too so I am hooked on her writings. I just found your blog and glad I did!!
Stacey

Marcy said...

Dedra this is so exciting for you. I can't wait to check out the new book and see your contribution! You go girl. Marcy (aka sbb)

~EssenseVibez~ said...

i cant wait to get to this book--i love creating mini books for my grandson--i love that they are compact for his lil' hands--you have a nice blog--gonna come her more often!