Monday, July 14, 2008

Circle Journal Peek or not....




So, the fabulous Aleida invited me into a circle journal group she is "hosting" at Studio Calico....
The short story of the circle journal is (in our case 10 ladies) that join a group....
Once the group is formed each lady picks a theme to her journal and/or minibook (and you know me,
I'm not one to pass up a minibook) LOL....
The group is given a date to ship the journals out each month to each other....
The minibook is passed and shipped until each person has completed an entry in the book....
At the end of the books journey you receive a beautiful minibook filled with the work of others...
VERY COOL....

I will admit I have been skeptical about the process....A few years ago I participated in one of these
circle journals and NEVER received anything back....It was a total BUMMER....
I have a feeling this group will be different especially since Aleida is heading it up (you're such an awesome lady)!!!

So the photos above are little sneak peeks but since I've been not the greatest blogger I wanted to give you the
whole enchilada!!!!



Thank you to everyone who has left advice regarding the E.Bay, Etsy and selling directly on my site debacle....
I have been looking into each option....You guys are the best!!!! SERIOUSLY.....
If you ever need to contact me my e.mail address is below....

Enjoy!!!! and I wish you a great week ahead...
Hugs...
Dedra

7 comments:

Eileen said...

Can you hear me screaming in Arizona?! OMG, Dedra...is that a wood picture frame you adhered to your journal? OMG!!! It's beautiful! So black and shiny...and that ribbon is so pretty! At first I thought it might be molding....maybe it is and you're just being tricky? Maybe it's not wood at all? OMG, what IS it?

Ohhhh, I feel soooo inadequate!

:-)

ricanlaw said...

I agree with Eileen, can you give us some insight as to how you came about the design of the book and what it entails?

Now, can you blame anyone for keeping your book. Not saying it's right, but gee whiz...you make it hard to want to relinquish it. I promise, I will move your book forward in the circle, but it's gonna be hard. Oh my. Thanks for playing. I will be a pest for the next 10 months, cause I'm gonna do my darnest to make this circle journal experience a success!!!!

Aleida

2H Design said...

OMI OMI OMI!!!!! YUMMY!!! I cannot WAIT to get my hands on this!!!!

PS - I will be posting my sneaky petes on my blog after I finish eating lunch!

Christine said...

What a beautiful book!! You are so talented!

~Sasha Farina~ said...

I have never participated in a circle journal... but seeing yours, wow... that is gorgeous! that frame thingy... what is it? simply beautiful!

terri : bradford web designs, llc said...

Gorgeous, Dedra. I did one circle journal and it was super fun, but a lot of work. ;) I am sure the ladies will love getting this album.

KJ-Starre said...

Beautiful! I tell you. Beautiful!! & the corks...what a creative idea. I too have never really been involved in a circle journal...not knowing what to expect...thanks for explaining what they are all about.

It sounds like a fun project!
XX