Thursday, June 12, 2008



Noell took better shots of both her layout and mine...So, head over to Paperclipping and check it out....
Trust me it's worth it!!!

Doing the product swap with Noell pushed me to use one particular product that I will be adding to my scrapbook "toolbox"....
Yes. there is some work involved when it comes to using beads on your layouts, BUT it is SO worth it in the end....

Eileen raised a great question on the Paperclipping website about product dictating your style somewhat....I have to say that I do agree with that to some point....For me this layout is very conservative....Very "simple" for me....
on the other hand I noticed I stayed somewhat true to my style by adding demension to my layout....

A couple of the supplies were just not me....I moved them around, over and over....It felt like I was compromising the design I was trying to convey....So, in the end I did not use them....I did not want to add to many products from my stash because that would have totally defeated the point of the exercise....
Noell said it perfectly on Paperclipping:
"This is an interesting exercise to do because it can help you hone in on, not only what you are, but what you are not."
For instance: Dude, I LOVE beads now and I also loved using the "warmer" tones....
As far as what is "not" me is mixing multiple patterned paper....I realize this is a MAJOR struggle for me....I can mix patterns but one must be bold and the other must be subtle....

So, there are projects planned for the future with Noell and I....cool stuff, indeed....
If you are a Paperclipping fan, stay tuned!!!

Also, I've got a couple of things in the works....I would like to sell some pre.made minibooks, notebooks, journals etc....
On another note I want to start teaching again but in a unique way....
Busy, Busy!!!

So, how was your week?
Hugs...
Dedra

7 comments:

ricanlaw said...

Dedra if you are going to teach, then I'm volunteering to be taught, just saying. ;) Lovely work and I am happy you enjoyed the exercise even though it was challenging.

terri : bradford web designs, llc said...

LOVE the layout... you made it your own. I know for me, sometimes I like to challenge myself with a set kit, other times I just know it isn't something I would use for a layout, but have a stash for cards that I WOULD use it for. :) Then I have a pile to RAK and one to donate. LOL!

If you are ever interested in coming onto the www.scrapclubs.com live segment and showing us some cool creations with your AMM kit LMK. I would love to showcase you. I linked to your blog on the home page there, too. :)

((HUGS)) - Terri

Eileen said...

Yay!!! Whatever you're sellin' ....I'm buyin'.

Your layout looks great!!

KJ-Starre said...

Dedra this is such a cool page! Welcome to the world of beads-on-L.O's...it's fun hey?? I did one last week with wire 'n beads too & had a blast.

I especially like the corrugated card & ribbon around the whole inner layout detail. I'm off to Paperclipping to take a sqwizz.
X

kimmithylaine said...

Gorgeous DEdra!!!! Love the beading!

KJ-Starre said...

Hey Dedra...where have you been girl! I miss your blog posts. I hope all is well?
~KJ!
X

2H Design said...

WOW!! GREAT work...sounds like we are going to be an SC CJ project together! Looking forward to your work! :)