Saturday, May 03, 2008

The Gift Certificate Mini Book....

I have had this idea for quite sometime....It has been written in my notebook on my list of creative To-Do's....
Let's face it....the retailers are getting pretty trendy when it comes to designing their gift certificates....

So, with all of the wonderfully designed cards out there why not put them to use AND they are free....
The pages inside the mini book below are actually gift certificates I have collected from Starbucks, Old Navy
and Target....This mini book is 2.5 x 4....I cut up the smallest 7 gypsies album that I had and created my own
using metal rings from the office supply store....

I have to say this was one of the funnest albums that I have put together in awhile....It is super small and I LOVE it....
So, ladies, dig through your wallets or go out to your local retailers and find gift cards with a design that you love
and don't hesitate to make your own little book....

Oh, and with Mother's day coming up you could gather your gift cards, make the mini book and put photos
of your children in the book....Give it to your Mom for Mother's day as a brag book she can carry around...

The mini book is really that small....
If anyone has any questions shoot me an e.mail @ dlong20@cox.net




















I hope everyone had a great National Scrapbooking Day!!!!
((((Big Hugs...))))
Dedra.

15 comments:

Ryzmomplus2 said...

OMG that is just too cute! I must start saving up my gift certificates!

Debbycake said...

I have to ask..where did you find that "Official Scrapbook" stamp from? I've never seen one like that before.

Bibiana said...

this is awesome! great idea

Ruth Shanahan Allmart said...

This is so darn cute and totally ingenious Dedra! I'm gonna have to try my hand at this I think. Thanks again for a great NSD and for your generosity :o)

joscelyne cutchens said...

I love that! Ihave a stack of them I've been collecting to use for that same idea! ha, we scrappers all think alike, huh?! oooh, that's pretty, I need to scrap it. ha! I found you through Eileen's blog... and by the way I just bought that mini album book too! :)

Dina said...

You are the Mini Master and I bow to you... :) Seriously!

chenguna said...

Dedra I LOVE your GC mini book. Saw it at 2peas I think and had to pass by and let you know. Great idea.
Michelle M.
chenguna00@AMM

ricanlaw said...

Dedra you are so in trouble. Girl I wish I had your number because I would call you. This is fabulous! But you know that don't cha. Cause everything you do is fabulous.

Eileen said...

Guess where I've been? Target, Starbucks, Pier One. LOL! I feel like a little thief grabbing gift cards wherever I go. The grocery store is great because they have a kiosk full of different ones!

You're fabulous, Dedra!

shelley said...

Great book!! Great idea! Shelley

Greta said...

gorgeous mini!! love the size and love using gift cards as the pages.

ricanlaw said...

Happy Mother's Day!

katie said...

this mini book is to die for!

thanks for the comment on my blog and saying my baby is cute. [i think so too.] ;)

Mary W said...

LOVE this idea!!! Would love to know where you got that "Official Scrapbook" stamp from?! You are SO TALENTED. I'm hoping to watch Paperclipping LIVE tonight, as I've never done that.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Mary

Rachelle said...

Dedra, this book is so adorable. I love your style-altered book, but very clean. I just started making altered books about 2 years ago, even though I had seen them before. I hated the way they were so gobby & messy. My scrapbook style is very clean cut, so I didn't make one until I saw someones book that was altered & still clean. Thanks for the inspiration! I love all your work! I live very close to you too, right on the border of Mesa & Gilbert!
www.chelstamps.blogspot.com