Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Don't laugh....

but this is a Father's Day altered book that I put together for Jon a little over 3 years ago....hence the older product that was used....
With Father's Day right around the corner I thought I would share....
Three years ago I taught two sold out classes on this baby....I can't believe ladies were on a waiting list for the class....It was so much fun....
There is nothing I love more than talking and creating a project that ladies would love to learn....

I haven't taught in a couple of years and I can honestly say "I miss it"....
I do have some ideas about teaching but I need to work out the logistics first, which may take a little time....

Anyway, now that I'm rambling here is a look at the rest of the book....
I got this book at Goodwill for .25 cents....I covered it with patterned paper and solid cardstock for the spine using PVA adhesive....

The theme of this book was based on all of the roles that Jon has in our family....
He is a son, brother, husband & father....
Of course different pages can be added, if this was a theme you chose to make an album of....
You could add friend, business man etc....

Remember...you CAN'T laugh....JK!!!













I used coffee filters and made an accordian between the pages in order to hold the tags that I made....Very inventive...LOL!!



I created more tags that fit into the "pocket" I made on the right hand page...



I had Shelby write a note to Jon on a tag and I wrote one for Ellie because she was only 2 at the time....
I put pictures of the girls on more tags and put them in the "pocket" I created on the right....

I will probably do another book like this, of course I have grown so much as scrapbooker that it will probably look VERY different....

I hope everyone has a great rest of the week!!!!
AND a BIG Thank you to all of the wonderful ladies that stopped by during Paperclipping LIVE....
you are all troopers....
You make my Tuesdays EXTRA special!!!!

Hugs...
Dedra...

7 comments:

ricanlaw said...

Oh Dedra, this is fantastic. Your work is brilliant. Thank you.

Ryzmomplus2 said...

I love this! You always inspire me!

Ruth Shanahan Allmart said...

This is a great little book Dedra. Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed Tuesday night too, lots of fun and giggles (and technical difficulties!!! Ha!) Have a great day :o)

Callista said...

Nothing to laugh about! This is a great book! I love the idea and your work. Thanks for sharing it.

Eileen said...

Older product? I still have some of those blue stripes and circles...omg, I use them too!

This book looks like a Dedra Long creation to me....just a bit more conservative than you are now. Maybe there's hope for me afterall!

I can't thank you enough for visiting my blog. You're such an inspiration to me.

KJ-Starre said...

What a creative project....Jon is going to LOVE it. The coffee filters are genius.....clever thing!!
:o)

Five-Browns said...

You inspire me! HAve been wanting to do an altered book for ages...in fact I have about 6 just waiting to be played with!