Thursday, April 03, 2008

Wow....

April 3rd already....

On Sunday we went to Home Depot and Jon bought what he needed to hang these old french doors in our stairwell....I LOVE old doors and windows there is something about them...



(please excuse the finish trim on the ceiling that needs to be painted, we have only lived here for 2 years...LOL!)
These doors were from an old farm house that was going to be burned down....Every morning I would drive by this farm house to take Shelby to school and on several occasions told Jon I wanted to go into the abandoned house to check it out....
I would NEVER go in unless jon was there....

So, finally one day we did....There was a big BEAUTIFUL staircase made of dark wood...Jon filled me in on the name of the wood but I can't remember it now....
Stunning old french doors and windows through out....At that point Jon knew we were not leaving without those doors AND thank goodness we were in the Pathfinder and he was able to throw them on top....

I still can't believe that the owners left them there....I still have pictures of the old farm house as a matter of fact I think a couple of the pictures are here on my blog as on of the firsts posts....I think?

A couple of weeks later the house was burned down by firefighters....
It was SO sad.....

THEN we painted Ellie's ceiling in her room....She was a happy girl when we were done.....



I hope everone is having a good week and THANK you for always stopping by, reading and leaving me some great comments....

Be back soon!!!
((((Hugs))))
Dedra....

4 comments:

noell said...

Yay, Dedra, you did it! It looks so great! You're so good at making your house beautiful.

kimmithylaine said...

Looks great Dedra...LOVE those old doors. Glad you were able to snatch em up!

ricanlaw said...

Wow, that looks fab. I would love to see more pics of that though. I'm just an interior design buff. Miss chatting with you Ms. D. :)

KJ-Starre said...

How sad that they burned it down with the staircase inside....well at least you got to selvage those beautiful doors.

I love the joy you captured on Ellie's face...I'd say she LOVES her new paint job.....or that face that she has her room to herself again :o)