Sunday, March 02, 2008

There is....



a special feeling that comes over me when I can look through a magazine and see my creations in print....
also being in a publication with sssoooo many talented ladies....
Ladies like Dina Wakley, Becky Novacek, Stephanie Howell, Lisa Pace, the list could go on...

There are so many places, people, magazines that I get inspiration from....
Not only that but there are so many sites on the internet that are now doing challenges....
Some of the challenges out there are formed by groups and others are provided by designers
on their blogs....

I visit some blogs more than others....and each site provides different inspiration for various reasons....
I visit the sites below at least once a week and others once a day....

Noell Hyman - www.paperclipping.com - if you love video tutorials, design principles and reviews
Noell's site is the place to visit....She also does Paperclipping LIVE on Tuesday evenings where she
scrapbooks live and you can also sign up to chat with her and other ladies....

Sarah Bowen - www.sarahbowen.typepad.com - I have been following Sarah's blog for over a year,
I love her style and how raw and real she is....Sarah also offers classes and challenges on her site....

Dina Wakley - www.dinastamps.typepad.com - this lady can rock the color wash spray like nobodys
business....and she brilliant in using everyday materials such as masking tape....

Jennifer Pebbles - www.paperandink.typepad.com - I love all of the rich color and photography she
shares....and well, her style speaks for itself....she has mad layering skills and an eye for combining
colors....

Keisha Campbell - www.abiteast.typepad.com - her site is full of elegant eye candy....she rocks
the stamps and punches....Simple and timeless....she also reads all of her comments and answers
any questions that anyone has....

and I don't think there is anyone on the planet that does not read Ali Edwards blog -
www.aliedwards.typepad.com - she sends out newsletters and has recently started the
weekend challenge....I have been following Ali since early 2003 on www.twopeasinabucket.com
Ali has had a major impact on changing the way I see my everyday life....Seeing the little things
in the everyday that I would have missed otherwise....I have every book she has put out and read them
cover to cover....

I need to start updating the 'ol blog a little more frequently....I'll work on that and start another
list of inspiration....Leave a comment about who or what inspires you....I'd love to check them out....
Have a great Sunday!!!
Hugs...
Dedra....

5 comments:

Ryzmomplus2 said...

I'll have to check out this book because I have you listed as a site to come for inspiration!!! :)

ricanlaw said...

Here here to a great post. Some of the gals you mention also inspire me. Dina, Keisha, Ali (of course). Dina is also very good at getting back to you if you have a questions. I will say this, you inspire me girl. I hope that you will post more. I know how time consuming blogging is. Trust me, I know. But Dedra your work is amazing. I also enjoy seeing you in print too. I'm going to add to look around for women who are lesser known as you will be amazed at the inspiration that is out there and gets overlooked. Hugs, Aleida

Dina said...

Wow, I'm honored...thanks so much for the shout out. You're very inspiring too, you know! :)

shelley said...

Congrats Dedra! I have always loved your work! Keep it up girl! Shelley

shelley said...

Dedra, Lisa Pace tagged me and I am tagging you! Check out my blog for the rules and I hope you can pass it on! Shelley Haganman