Friday, March 21, 2008

A simple....


















little album I designed for C&T Publishing....I really LOVE photos and when I was looking back through some the albums and minibooks I have done I noticed a pattern....

I will, more times than not, dedicate an entire page to one big photo that I adore....A good photo is sometimes all you need to make your heart melt....
Of course, you could still journal and dedicate an enitre page of your book to showcasing one photograph....By journaling directly on the photo you can accomplish the best of both worlds....One big BEAUTIFUL photo on one page along with a bit of journaling....

I already own the Zig Photo Signature pen and I LOVE it....I have owned it for awhile and need to put it to good use....I have to admit the pen ink dries fast and it's great for glossy finish photos as well....I also have the American Crafts Slick Writer and that's a quality pen as well....You can't go wrong with either one....

I'll end with a fun fact about Easter....It was forwarded to me by a friend!!!
I thought this was interesting....
I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter and you are surrounded by family and friends!!!
((((Big Hugs)))).....
Dedra.

 Easter 2008
         A once in a lifetime experience!
 
Easter is always the 1st Sunday after the 1st full moon
after the Spring Equinox (which is March 20). This dating of
Easter is based on the lunar calendar that Hebrew people used
to identify pass over, which is why it moves around on our
Roman calendar.
 
Here's the interesting info. This year is the earliest
Easter any of us will ever see the rest of our lives! And
only the most elderly of our population have ever seen it this
early (95 years old or above!). And none of us have ever, or
will ever, see it a day earlier! Here's the facts:
 
1) The next time Easter will be this early (March 23) will be
the year 2228 (220 years from now). The last time it was this
early was 1913 (so if you're 95 or older, you are the only
ones that were around for that!).

2) The next time it will be a day earlier, March 22, will be
in the year 2285 (277 years from now). The last time it was on
March 22 was 1818. So, no one alive today has or will ever see it
any earlier than this year!

Celebrate with praise! 

7 comments:

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Love your mini book as I am a fan of all things mini book related :) - thanks for the post about Easter. I think I'm going to use that one!

ricanlaw said...

What a gorgeous mini album. I absolutely love writing on top of my photos! Fun facts about Easter. Wow.

kimmithylaine said...

Great mini Dedra! I rec'd the same mini to work with!! I need a Zig photo pen now!

Dina said...

Cute, cute album. Hope your Easter was wonderful!

Jackie G said...

What a beautiful mini book! You did a fabulous job on it!!! :)

Heather said...

Cute album! Love the info on Easter -- thanks, I plan to include it on my page. Also, I was wondering, when you make mini books, do you use actual photos or do you use photo copies? If you do use photos, what finish do you get? I ask because I am a little fearful of not having page protectors. Thanks - Heather

dedra said...

Hi Heather...so glad you stopped by...I print all my photos at home...For this album I used Jet Print Glossy (you can get it at Wal.Mart)....
I like this finish and I have also used a the same brand but a Matte finish and that worked just as well....

Good Luck!!!

Hugs...
Dedra.