Thursday, July 19, 2007

Man, I gotta get better....and new layouts

at updating this blog....We have had a lot going on though....We went to Disneyland with Diana and Bob....This trip was so relaxing, to just get out of the 110+ weather was so nice....We had a blast with Grandma and Grandma....We were ablt to go to the California adventure park as well....Diana put together a breakfast for Ellie and Shelby in Goofy's kitchen....We saw Goofy, Pluto, Balue, Alice and Wonderland and the Mad hatter....We got pictures with all of them and in the park later that day we saw Jesse and Woody....got a picture with them and autographs from everybody.....

It was a good break for Jon....He and I stayed in the park late each night and spent some one on one time riding the "scary" rides with her....So, I'm going to be putting some books together in the near future....Thank you Diana and Bob you guys are the best and we love you both so much!!!!

As we got back from Disneyland I knew I wanted to enter a design team contest....I knew that it was a long shot because I still needed to do some work for this submission....So, I finished the layout I needed on Friday and spent all day Saturday photographing and putting the submission e.mail together....That night we have a BBQ at out house so I took a break....When everyone left somehow I lost all of the verbage for the e.mail....At that point it was around 10:00pm so I started over and finally hit the "send" button at 1:30am on Sunday morning....
There was only one spot open on the A Million Memories Design Team....So, needless to say Monday and all the way up until Tuesday when the announcement was made the message boards on A Million Memories was crazy with excitement....Tueday morning Melissa chose the mini album I made for my Mom as layout of the day....

I have to say I wanted this so much....A Million Memories is made up of the most wonderful ladies.....I have never been so nervous (at least what I remember)....well, maybe the first scrapbooking class I taught, that was pretty nerve racking until I got started and then it was the best experience ever.....

I had a feeling that some pretty talented women had entered for the design team.....Shelby and I had gone into the studio for something and I saw an e.mail pop into my inbox and I rushed over to see who it was from....it was from Alison an AMM inviting me to be on thier design team!!! I remember yelling "WWWWHHHHHOOOOO" and jumping up and down....Shelby was looking at me like I was crazy!!!!
I'm still on cloud 9 two days later!!!!
Michelle and Alison are class acts!!!! Thank you Katie so much for introducing me to this wonderful family of ladies....This site is so refreshing....All of the ladies have been so helpful and supportive....If you are reading this please head over to A Million Memories and check them out!!!! www.amillionmemories.com
Here are two of the layouts....





This one actually opens up to another picture and journaling....





All of the detailed shots of these layouts as well as my other submissions are at www.amillionmemories.com and my user name is: Dedra Long....
I feel lucky and thankful for the opportunities that are coming my way....!!!
More later!!!

2 comments:

noell said...

Congratulations, Dedra! So much going on for you right now! The layouts you've been posting are just gorgeous! True Dedra style, too!

BTW, I'm behind on some emails. I'm only home for a minute and then I gotta run. I'll email you later!

Anonymous said...

I posted this question today but I'm afraid it was listed on an old
post. Anyways I love your scraproom. I would like to know if
you can tell me where you purchased
the two tier basket. Any information would be helpful. Thank you.