Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Conversations....

The funniest conversation happened this afternoon....the kind of conversation that you want to document and not forget before you get the chance to do so....

On the way home from school Ellie says:
"mommy, can I be a tree when I grow up?"

This really threw me off and I did not know how to respond right away....Ellie's mind is so imaginative and at four I know she has a free spirit and anything is possible, including being a tree when she grows up....

I said, "Lovie, trees have to stay planted in dirt in order to grow...." "She then replies that trees can't go to school and they do not have the responsibily to walk...." That's right, my four year old little girl is using so BIG words....I was amazed....I let her keep explaining what she thought a tree was....Ellie then said "mommy, trees do not have legs or feet"....
By the end of the conversation she still wanted to be a tree when she grows up....The imagination of Ellie always amazes me....



In other news Easter was wonderful....very laid back and quiet....The afternoon was filled with repeated Easter Egg Hunts with Ellie saying "One more time Daddy, PLEASSSSSEEEE!!! Good food and the evening ended with Root Beer Floats....
Thanks Mom and Bob!!!!

More Later....

2 comments:

noell said...

Wow, what a smart girl!!!!

skdrewa said...

love you million trillion billion gazillion mom