Wednesday, September 27, 2006

8 weeks later...

around 20 gallons of paint, 32 cans added into the lighting of our house, Lutron dimmers throughout, chandelier in the staircase, contractors still coming and going...fixing things that we have noticed are not quite right....and this is our house from the outside....



This is a true labor of love...Jon built my cabinets and countertops from scratch...I tell you my husband is amazing, he has a heart of a man's man...i have waited for a long while to have a studio like this...Just last night I was thinking about the amount of understanding it must take to really "get" my passion for scrapbooking and telling our family stories that will be passed down from generation to generation...Anyway, I was lying in bed (with Ellie and Jon snoring so loud I couldn't sleep) trying to put myself in Jon's shoes...If the tables were turned and he had this passion that I could not understand...A passion that took monies out of our budget and required a room or space of it's own...How would I take that....





Well, at that point I realized that I'm truly a lucky girl, not only for having an understanding husband but for all of the things in my life, all of the people that have or are still contributing the the woman and mother I am today...My children, my mom, my nannie...also acknowledging the family members that I still do not know and the ones I never got to know while they were alive....
Man, these thoughts can cause extreme emotion within me...this art allows me a certain "release" of feelings...to me it is almost therapeutic...

These are the feelings that cause me to have such a passion for this art we call scrapbooking...I never want my girls to wonder where they came from...I want to give them as many points of view as I can...thier schools, thier grades, their friends, thoughts and stories from as many family members as I can...The things I felt, loved and did everyday...the happiness, the struggles...the old saying "What does not kill us, makes us stronger"....
Ok, more on that subject later...

On a lighter note...my birthday was on Sept. 14th and I'm officially 32...two ladies made the week of my birthday so special while Jon was out of town...that will be an entry for tomorrow...Also, I have finally gotten the 2 magazines that I have been published in...The Oct. issue of Scrapbook Trends and the Oct./Nov. issue of Paper Trends...Pictures of those tomorrow....
So glad to be working on new projects and blogging again...dinner and making lunches for tomorrow in on the agenda right now...more to come...

2 comments:

Arselia Jaurequi said...

I just viewed your beautiful scraproom. It rocks! I would like to know where I can purchase the two tier basket you have that stores your stamps. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

ricanlaw said...

This room is what brought me to you, here. What a gorgeous space. I love your post about your husband and what this hobby of ours means to you. I feel the same way.