Friday, June 09, 2006

2 FOR 2 and a Whirlwind....


Wow...where do I begin....I have to get back on the bloggin train...
Shelby is TEN, yes I said, TEN....can this make me feel any older??? She is moving onto fifth grade ending the year with A's and one B....She is such a good girl...we are so PROUD of her...Looking at that picture I think of a fire extenguiser (sp?)
Last week Jon was in Telluride, love, love this man...
As he left Ellie and I became sick...just run down, tired, congested...HORRIBLE...
Helped my Mom put her office together (while sick and alone with two children)....Love you Mom...

And I'm 2 for 2.....On Monday I received an e-mail from Scrapbook Trends requesting Ellie's Halloween book....WWWWHHHHOOO....this is so exciting to me....
So, back to back for me...Oct./Nov. issue of Paper Trends for Shelby and Oct. issue of Scrapbook Trends for Miss Ellie...
I hope to be submitting more projects in the next few weeks....keep your fingers crossed for me....lets go 3 for 3.....

In other news we have been getting some weird weather for this time of the year...Dust storms, rain, humidity....
Now, here in AZ this usually happens during Monsoon season (not now)...
Well, we were all watching the coverage of the first dust storm, I have to get a good picture and post it, for those who do not actually experience one it is hard to explain...anyway, we were watching the news and our weather man used the term "Haboob"...that is what these particular dust storms are called...cool, we learned a new term...all was good, it was not mentioned the rest of the evening...

Try to picture if you can two girls in the back of a pathfinder...One is ten and the other is three and in her car seat....we are on the way to Gammy's house and we are on the freeway....somehow this word "Haboob" comes up and we are discussing the meaning of it, etc....Shelby understands that it is pronounced "HA-BOOB", Ellie on the other hand says "A-BOOB"....these two girls are laughing so hard in the seat behind me....Shelby tells Ellie to say "HA"..."BOOB"...Ellie keeps saying "A-BOOB"....I have to say they had me laughing pretty hard as well...This is them, cracking up...and I was stopped at a red light when I took this picture....safety is important, even for us scrapbookers....



On the way to Gammy's we were stopping at JoAnne's, we pull into the parking lot and there is no way I'm going in with my two girls repeating the word "A-BOOB"....So settling them down was a task in itself....
I had to document this funny story somewhere...I'm sure this will turn into a page for the girls and thier childhood together...As Ellie would say "Silly Gooses".....

Our countertops, cabinets, sinks and tile floors are in...we are waiting on the rest of the flooring and once the granite is in we will have a move-in date....Can't wait to be back in a house, Jon and I stronger than ever....
I will be posting more scrapbooking projects in the coming months....

No comments: