Friday, May 26, 2006

Maybe...Maybe not...

Hello! We would like to publish your submission (see attached) in the Oct/Nov issue of Paper Trends. If you would like to publish your original, previously unpublished creation with us, please place it in a ziploc bag or other durable container, box it up and send it to:

I have been scrapbooking for a few years and I thought teaching would be a stretch for me....BUT I started teaching a little over a year ago...very fun stuff...there is nothing better than getting a class full of ladies inspired...
teaching, talking and sharing this hobby that I have serious PASSION for...
my husband would tell you that I can talk about scrapbooking all day long...

So, after getting teaching under my belt, the next question is should I submit my work?
Well...I don't really fit the "mold" of most scrapbooking magazines...I LOVE creating keepsakes, always have...but I don't really create the traditional layout...I create in the chipboard albums, the 6x6, 7x7 or 9x9...
I like the freedom of adding anything I want into the "coil" binding...to me the album becomes an experience, a journey....

Finding a magazine that publishes "projects" would be up my alley...I found one...Paper Trends! I have been reading their magazine for awhile and I thought maybe I should submit...Now, this is the first time I have sent anything in for submission...so I told myself not to get excited...
there are people out there that have been submitting for 3 and four years with no luck in being published...

I was watching The Pub gallery at Two Peas and on Monday the calls starting going out for those that were chosen...No call...bummer...Oh well, better luck next time I said...

Tuesday night I got home...Jon and I talked, had a beer, made dinner...Ellie was taking an unusal nap so I decided to jump on the internet real quick...I accidently brought up my inboxl...then I noticed I had e-mail...it was from Paige Taylor an assistant editor for Paper Trends...

WWWWHHHHHHOOOOO....I looked at Jon and he knew...Congratulations baby, you did it....My eyes welled up...I was so excited...

I called my Mom..."Honey, she said...I told you you are so talented"...."I told you to just do it"....She was excited...
I love to hear that from my Mom...Hearing her, being happy for me....Then she said, "Try and get some sleep tonight"...I thought what, why would I not sleep...
Then I called Diana and she was equally happy....

I couldn't sleep that night...funny how something like being published can effect you...and my Mom knew...

1 comment:

melissa said...

congrats!!! how exciting :)