Friday, May 19, 2006

Looking Back...

On the way home Wednesday night I was expecting Ellie to fall alseep before we left my Mom's neighborhood...We were on the freeway and I looked back at my two girls...Ellie's head was off to the side in her car seat...the side closest to Shelby...
Both of them were so quiet, relaxed, peaceful....There was Shelby being the best big sister...She was rubbing Ellie's head and Ellie was just taking it in...Lovin every minute of affection from her sister....

These are the moments that I KNOW my girls love each other no matter what....because I can tell you Ellie is not always the nicest little sister....and this afternoon Ellie was no exception....but there Shelby was loving her sister anyway....

I know I posted about this before, but I still think there is a special bond between sisters...I have a brother, so I believe it based on my girls....They can be a handful together more days than not, on the other hand they can be little angels...
Just when I'm ready to pull my hair out and my patience is running thin, I hug them....

It is amazing what a good hug and kiss will do...it points the girls in a different direction...Sometimes Ellie looks at me like, "that's not how you are supposed to react mommy"...Almost as if they expect me to loose my cool....Not I....kill 'em with love and kindness...I have put that saying to the test and I can tell you on more occasions than not it really works....

Shelby has her State Cheerleading compeition tomorrow morning....Whhhooooo...
You go girl....

No comments: