Monday, May 22, 2006

A Group Effort....


Writing "Thank You" notes this afternoon...This has always been a group effort between Ellie and I...She adds her special one-of-a-kind artwork to each and every note....I write the words from Ellie....in the end these little notes are personalized for each lucky receipent...

Today, as we were in "thank you" note mode I noticed that she has become methodical in the way she arranges and cycles through the different colors...All colors start on the right side of her and when she is done with that color she puts it on her left side...Once she has cycled through all of the colors she promptly moves them all over to the right...and the process begins again...

As she was putting her artwork on the notes I would tell her what a lucky girl she is, to have all of these family and friends that love her so much to send her a special gift...Halfway through she would pick up the next note and say "mommy, I'm such a lucky girl"....How CUTE is that....

At three I want to get her "hands on" showing her that it is important to send "thank you" notes to family and friends...
Instilling this gesture at an early age is important to me....A better chance she will develop this as second nature, especially as an adult...

Shelby has already started doing her own "thank you" notes and she even addresses the envelopes...Shelby understands the importance and the showing of appreciation that a "thank you" note gives....
Our girls are smart and thoughtful....two wonderful qualities we are sooo proud of...Oh, I forgot to mention how beautiful they both are inside and out....

Can you tell I'm such a proud Momma....
Love my girls...they make my world go 'round....

No comments: