Friday, April 07, 2006

Too Fast...


So, yesterday while trying to get everyone out the door, it "HIT" me...like a ton of bricks...
Shelby is growing up too fast...I cannot believe is will be ten in May...

While getting dressed this morning, Shelby says "Mom, can I wear your butterfly shirt"...Sure, lovey...

Then about 20 minutes later I walked into her bathroom and said "Sweetie, can I borrow your earrings?"
It did not occur to me until after I dropped her off at school that we can now share clothes and shoes...How crazy...

I expected this would happen maybe in high school and that would be a few years away...It makes me feel closer to her...these things that we now share...She knows that she can talk to me about anything and how proud I am that she is our daughter...
I feel connected now more than ever...I'm sure there is room for improvement in the parenting arena, but isn't there always...

This is why I have the saying "Live to the point of tears" on my mirror...It serves as a reminder to let Shelby and Ellie know they are loved, we could not imagine life without them...to tell the girls, so they hear it straight from our mouth...

To always believe in themselves, shoot for thier dreams, they can do and be anything, to find thier passion, live with truth and honesty...Love you girls, to the point of tears...

No comments: