Sunday, April 02, 2006

Nope...


Almost every night as we have the same conversation with Ellie as we lay in the dark...

Ellie: "Mommy, there are no crocadiles here"
Me: "Nope..there are no crocadiles"
Ellie: "No Snakes"
Me: "Nope..there are no snakes"
Ellie: "No bugs"
Me: "Nope..No bugs"
Ellie: "There are no caves...they are dark and scary huh"?
Me: "Nope..no caves"...This is our home and it is safe here with daddy, mommy and sister"...
Ellie: "OK...I love you so much...you are my bestest friend"...I will see you in the morning...

Sometimes the bugs are traded for monsters, the scary things seem to vary occasionally...We want her to know no matter how often she asks her home is safe and loving...We are always here for her whenever she needs us...I know this little reassurance at night will soon pass as she becomes older...Just another cute jesture that I would have otherwise faded in my memory as time passed...

No comments: