Saturday, April 29, 2006

Down Time...


I have not been a good "blogger" lately...I check many different blogs and websites that I have book marked daily...but I have been in a "funk" and spending time with my Mom...which has been much needed for me and the girls...

Yesterday we visited some unique stores that are close to downtown Phoenix...My favorite was Melrose Vintage...meeting the mother/daughter team that owns this store was so nice...just good women in their element...I have been wanting to go to this store for awhile now but haven't been able to get there...I spent quite awhile talking to Diane, she shared her thoughts about what "scrapbooking" means to her...how she sees this hobby as so much more...I could not agree more...
Like my Mom said "what Dedra does is an extension of who she is"....WOW..love that...

I had brought Shelby's Thanksgiving album with me to work on it at my Mom's later...writing the supply list in order to do a submission...keeping my fingers crossed for publication...Anyway, Diane wanted to take a look, how cool it was for her to see an album that I typically do not have with me...So, who knows where this connection might lead....

In other news I finished my Mom's Mother's Day gift...can't post it here yet...working on another...working on that submission I was talking about earlier...Between other projects, work, taking care of the girl's activites and spending a lot of time with Mom I have neglected the blog, which can be a good thing...
taking a break and opening the creative channel again...I have so many things written down...things that I want to get in an album...I have all of these creative thoughts and by the time I stand at my work bench my mind is blank...
So, I have started writing them down, one by one again...

I think maybe I'm procrastinating...knowing that our move into the new house is getting closer and I should be going through the girl's things...shedding and purging what we DO NOT need...this will be a long and dreaded task...we have so much to donate and/or throw in the trash....

So, it goes...trying to balance everyday life and record it as well...the fight goes on...

1 comment:

Dale said...

Nice blog you have. Hey if you or a friend
are looking for cool products or gift ideas
then see what I found surfing around.
Great info on Ionic Breeze.
Check it out when you get a chance.
Ionic Breeze