Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Quality Time...



Yesterday was spent with my mom...we have not had any quality time lately...just us girls out and about...having a good time, exploring new boutiques and shops on Main St...
These are the times I LOVE the most...realizing I am more like her than I thought...discovering and reconnecting with who we are together...



I also got a glance of her Freshman yearbook...It is hard to imagine my Mom at that point in her life, as a young lady, her habits, likes and dislikes, her hopes and dreams, her perspective...
Her relationship with Nannie at that time...Reading an entry in her yearbook from a Senior named Virgil...he loved her more than ever and no one could measure up to what he felt for her...He wrote about how sweet and loving my Mom was...all of the young love that happens during those years...

So, after reading this entry I asked my Mom about Virgil and who he was...a Senior that she had a relationship with...he would have married her...he treated her with grace and respect...but he was shipped off to Vietnam...I asked if she ever heard from him after that...they kept in touch for 4 years until Mom graduated...at that point my parents married and they lost touch...the last time she saw him he was married and she was as well...

I guess that is how circumstances in our life direct us down a different path...meeting new people and experiencing what is in store for us...

Good QUALITY time for Mom and I to share and reconnect with each other...
Love you Mom....thanks for a wonderful afternoon....

No comments: