Monday, March 06, 2006

52 figments...


Another creative thinking website...Ever since I started blogging a few years ago, I have wanted to create a habit of using these types of websites...Studio Friday, Self Portrait Tuesday, 52 figments...my favorites...
Creating an art journal that I could make entries in...how interesting it would be to have these journals years from now...
the different perspectives, not only for me but for the girls and grandkids when I'm gone...

So, phase one complete...I have gotten into the habit of journaling on whatever the subject or questions are...I think I will journal here and then do the entries in my journal as I can...NO pressure to get these done in a certain time frame (I'm working on Ellie's thanksgiving album)...

The current question from 52 figments...

Imagine you could plant a tree that would grow anything you wanted on it..What would you want to grow from that tree??

Ok, for me this was easy...If I had a tree it would grow cures for terminal diseases...the first crop would have the cures for all types of cancer...skin, breast, blood, brain...you name it we would have the cure...heart disease, AIDS...
to many good people are taken from their families prematurely...in some cases very young children grow up without one of their parents...this is my nightmare...

Some nights it keeps me up...praying, hoping that my girls grow up with me right beside them...Jon and I get to have a boat, travel, live until we're gray...preferably on the beach...experience our WHOLE journey together...this is why I scrapbook...I want them to know who I am...even quirky things...to know that I will always be with them if not physically in spirit...memories of their childhood with a little of my perspective mixed in....

Then I remind myself, that I'm OK...yes, a level III is not good by any means but my borders were cleared...I beat this...and I will beat it again if I have too....

i will keep wishing for my magic tree...

No comments: