Monday, February 27, 2006

Ordinary Life...


I have an ordinary life where extraordinary things and moments come and go...Like tonight, driving home with Shelby...her sitting next to me in the front seat...looking over at her singing all of the words to a Kelly Clarkson song...having that "slow motion" moment, realizing how time is passing me by...you are growing sooo fast...
I want to make sure that I talk to you about important issues that all kids struggle with...peer pressure...drugs...letting you know that you can talk to me about anything...
Making sure that I keep an open mind...really LISTENING to what you have to say...
I know I always tell you how important school is and how you are an awesome student...finding your passion...
finding your road...that life is a journey...
It is a fine line...sometimes you will need a friend, other times I will need to be your mom and sometimes a little a both...

you are such a special person and I know you will do great things...my goal is to be the best mom I can for you...guiding you to a life of extraordinary moments...

No comments: