Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Everyday...


Every morning as I take Shelby to school I drive by this old house...It had a small orchard of trees next to it...I remember when I first noticed the tin-roofed farmhouse..As you looked further down the dirt road you could see the "big house" that the family occupied...I wanted to photograph the original house...Thinking that it must have been the grandparents or great grandparents that lived there...for some reason I kept wondering what kind of family lived there...their traditions, interests, what consumed their days...their evenings...what was their routine? Are they still remembered today by their family?
Land developers are now going to level the entire piece of land...The trees are already gone and the crane is in place to remove the houses next...In a way I'm sad, seeing a piece of someone's hertiage consumed...something I looked forward to seeing every morning, that tin-roofed farmhouse...
This picture...for some reason I LOVE....

No comments: