Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Aaaahhhh..Clouds....


Actually taking a moment to update my blog...sitting down with the back door and windows open...A light wind, and the first possibilty of actual rainfall...
We have not had one drop of rain in 133 DAYS...
I love an overcast gloomy day and I LOVE, did i say LOVE the smell of rain...
So, of course, the top story on the news is rainfall and will we get any...
I have to say that I could not live in a place like Washington or Oregon where it rains for weeks at a time...I can deal with sun and 120 degree days but not weeks of gloomy and overcast...
I remember Jon telling me that when he lived in Oregon he had an old Cadillac, it had been raining for a few days...he got in the car and noticed that mushrooms were growing in the front floor board...
now that is some serious percipitation...too much for my taste...

I did love visiting Oregon, it is a BEAUTIFUL state...going through Portland on the way to Sr. and Jeanie's for vacation...good times...the downtown area has a Saturday Market that is so interesting...filled with diversity...artists...funky, unique cool stuff...during the summer Seaside and Cannon beaches are the places to visit...

It is so funny when I start journaling or talking about something it leads to another memory...
like...right after Jon and I were married he, Shelby and I flew up to see Sr. and Jeanie...while we were there we visited Seaside...during that trip both Jon and I got our first tattoo...

funny how we have memories stored...we just need to get the thought process moving to access them...

Anyhow...bring on the clouds, bring on the SMELL of rain, bring on the down pour...
keeping my fingers crossed...

****EDITED...can't believe with all of the dark clouds and 40% chance of rain not one raindrop fell from the sky...we are now on day 134 with no rain...****

No comments: